TOWING, a spin-off from Nagoya University, develops and sells a high-performance biochar called "Soratan," which uses "high-performance soil technology," a technology for managing artificial soil by adding microorganisms to biochar (porous material) such as charcoal and mixing it with organic fertilizer. This makes it possible to grow soil in only about one month, instead of the three to five years it usually takes for a field.
TOWING's proprietary technologies for biochar pretreatment and microbial cultivation are combined with technologies developed by the National Agriculture and Food Research Organization (NARO) for practical use.
Activities and research are also being actively conducted to apply this technology to the realization of space agriculture.
- Company Name
- TOWING Ltd.
Nagoya University Facilty of Incubation 1 Furocho, Chikusa-ku, Nagoya-shi, Aichi
- February 27th, 2020
- ¥100 million (as of 2023/09)
- ・Research and development of High-performance biochar
- ・Manufacturing and sales of High-performance biochar, and support for the introduction of agricultural land
- ・Application and sale of carbon credits based on the usage of High-performance biochar.
- ・Consulting services for the introduction of High-performance biochar manufacturing plants and operational support for plant management.
- ・Sale of crops produced using High-performance biochar.